Skunk2 Alpha Series Subaru EJ25 Connecting Rods
Local Pickup Available
Installation Services Offered
- Shipping / Refunds / FAQs
Alpha Series Rods are forged from select 4340 chromoly steel and feature an H-beam design, resulting in the ultimate strength-to-weight ratio. 4340 chromoly is one of the strongest materials available, however, not all 4340 chromoly is the same. As such, Skunk2 relies on extensive material testing and works closely with its foundry to produce high-quality rods at an affordable price. Comprehensive heat-treating, tempering, and shot-peening processes together ensure that each Alpha Series Rod remains consistent and strong. Finally, each rod is magna-fluxed to ensure integrity and that each process has been completed thoroughly and according to Skunk2’s rigid specifications. Skunk2’s engineers spent nearly three years developing and testing its H-beam rod design. The results are one of the strongest beam configurations available, capable of handling more than 900 hp. Engineers made use of FEA (Finite Element Analysis) to determine high-stress points and implemented features to reduce wear and increase strength. Skunk2’s straight design distributes stress across a larger area when compared to tapered rods, providing additional support where necessary. Alpha Series Rods are manufactured from two-piece forgings, resulting in optimal grain orientation along the rod cap for increased strength. By orienting the metal’s grain in the direction of stress along the rod cap, perpendicular to the stress exerted along the beam, strength is significantly increased. Skunk2’s two-piece forgings provide a precision-tight fit between the rod’s cap and its beam without resorting to the brittle materials required by other processes. Alpha Series Rods also feature dual oil passages at their pin ends, providing additional lubrication and cooling, which leads to an even stronger, more durable rod. Unlike other designs, Skunk2’s carefully positioned, offset oil passages help deliver lubrication around the entire wrist pin, during each phase of the engine cycle.
HOW LONG DO ORDERS TAKE TO SHIP?
- We are typically very quick and have a 24-48 hour turnaround time. Transit time depends on your order and which warehouse we are shipping from, but typical transit times are between 5-7 business days from one side of the US to the other.
DO YOU PRICE MATCH?
- Yes, we do price match reputable competitors in the marketplace. If you find a product cheaper elsewhere, please email us the (1) link of the product from our website and (2) the link to the competitor site. We will make an assessment on our end if we are able to price match or not and respond to you via email.
DO YOU GUYS INSTALL?
- Our shop services range from routine maintenance, to full on track monsters. If you purchased a part from us, ask us about scheduling time to have the part installed!
DO ALL YOUR PRODUCTS SHIP FREE?
- No, only specifically marked items or orders over $100 will ship for free unless indicated otherwise.
WHAT'S YOUR DOMESTIC SHIPPING POLICY?
- UPS handles all US Shipments.
WHAT'S YOUR INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POLICY?
- DHL or UPS only.
WHAT'S YOUR RETURN POLICY?
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee as long as the product has ZERO signs of use and HAS NOT been opened.
WHAT'S YOUR POLICY ON ADVERTISED PRICING?
- ALL Pricing displayed specifically reflects Manufacture's Advertised Pricing as most companies will not allow the sale of their items below this threshold.
WHAT'S YOUR POLICY REGARDING FITMENT ISSUES?
- IF an item does not fit, then we'd be more than happy to guide the fitment process with you over the phone or over email.
WHAT'S YOUR POLICY REGARDING FRAUDULENT CHARGES / CHARGEBACKS?
- If we receive a declined notice or chargeback, then your account will be billed an additional $50.
DO YOU WORK WITH OTHER COMPANIES THAT AREN'T LISTED ON YOUR SITE?
- We most certainly do; please shoot us an email if you want something that you don't see to email@example.com
I WANT TO ORDER SOMETHING NOT LISTED ON YOUR SITE, CAN YOU HELP?
- Of course! Please email or call us with an inquires for both stock count, brand inquiry, or better pricing!